Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Micro Victorian Mansion

Here are some more pictures. I finally completed the 1/144th scale Victorian mansion. I am very happy with the turn out. It took awhile for the roof pieces to come in and then I kept putting off the landscaping. But at kept my word and finished it.

I thought I had already posted the little progress that had been done on my Gloucester but I hadn't so here it is. I still have to add the ceiling trim and light to the kitchen. I had to test out some of my accessories. :) I still want to add a space saver sink, but I am worried it may seem too cluttered. The floor came out better than I thought it would especially for a first try. The built in shelves need trimming to make them appear thicker but I like the effect it has.

The wallpaper in what will become the bathroom is still in question. It is glued in except for the bead board around the bottom half of the walls. I don't know if it makes it appear too similar to the dining room or if it gives it a nice balance. But as all that is in there is wallpaper it should be easy to change if I decide against it. The blemish on the right side of the ceiling has been fixed. I appologize for the crooked picture, that is due to me not the house.

I have found the perfect light for my living room (at least I think so). I love how dainty the chains are. At first I didn't like the rose colored globes but the more I see it against the wallpaper the more convinced I am that it was made for this room. I have light in mind for the kitchen and I think it would work well in the bathroom too. It is a simple clear two arm globe hanging lamp. To me it seems like a nice gas lamp that is more serviceable than showy. We'll see.

One more note. I just received my Brimbles Mercantile Laser cut in 1/2 scale from Greenleaf. I am very excited about starting it but am determined not to begin until I have all the pieces to complete the house such as lights, slip bricks (which I am dying to try), wallpaper, shingles, etc. That should make completion faster as I won't have to wait for shipments to arrive. Now I just need to make a complete list and begin the check off process :) I love lists so this should be fun! Just one more project to add. I can hear my husband moaning from the other room already. . . hee hee. Oh well, at least he knew what he was getting into from the beginning. My art room is packed. He's already told me that when/if we ever build a house he's making sure they add a shop to it for all of my crafts. Now if I could just hit the jackpot and then I can hold him to it! :)

Monday, June 21, 2010

1st Attempt at Re-upholstering Mini Furniture

Well I am still trying to find a solution for attaching the roof to my Gloucester. The gap around the edges is so large in some places I think my best option will be applying a type of caulk thickly around the walls then pressing the roof into it and wiping away the excess.
In the meantime I decided to try something new. I bought a set of living room furniture awhile back, before I had even bought the Gloucester. It was an inexpensive 5-pc set that inlcuded two armchairs, a sofa, a coffee table and an end table. When it came in the mail I was extremely dissappointed in the fabric color and the upholstery job, it seemed to make the woodwork look clunkier than it really is. So yesterday I pulled the set out and made my first attempt at re-upholstering. It was much easier than I thought it would be and I love the results. The chair on the right is the original and the left chair is my work. I have to finish the 2nd chair and the sofa but after seeing the finished result of the first chair I can hardly wait to see the whole set in the dollhouse.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Family photos!

First is a photo of Aidan swimming in his pool.

Here is a photo of our family. Aidan is getting a chance to hold his sister here.

As promised here is a photo of Elora, she's only a few days old here. I love this picture.