Wednesday, August 6, 2014

A 1950's housewife

 I finally found an inexpensive season one dvd set of the Donna Reed Show. I am ecstatic! I have been on the hunt for this for a while now but it seemed to be out of print. When I had found any for sale they were $60 to over $200! Outrageous! But on a whim I  checked  eBay and  found a used but very good condition complete season 1 for a whopping $35 including shipping! Needless to say I snatched that baby up. I don't have any of the other seasons but this is the best place to start I think. I have seen episodes online and just lived this show.

The other night I ordered season 4 of I Love Lucy. I have the first 3 and am almost finished watching season 1 and have loved it. When I was little I couldn't stand this show. Her cry was like nails on a chalkboard to me. For some strange reason (maybe it was the less than $10 a season price tag) I decided to give it another shot. I am so glad I did. Elora has climbed up beside me to watch, too. She likes Lucy but doesn't know her name. She refers to her as the mustache lady after an episode that Lucy glues a beard and mustache to her face to get Ricky to shave his, and then she can't get it off. She laughed so hard over that, it was great. 

No progress pictures this time, haven't had time. Tonight was meet the teacher night and Aidan got to meet his first grade teacher. He is super excited about his first day tomorrow. I can't wait to hear how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment