Sunday, February 27, 2011

On A Roll!

Now that I have the idea it's coming along quickly and I'm almost finished with the outside. Need to pick up some more joint compound for the plaster on the sides, install the chimneys, shingles and stain the celtic knot trim along the base and the outside will be complete. I'm debating on whether or not to add flower boxes to the bottom two windows...hmmmm. And on side note I got the lights to work again. It was suggested that I first move the junction splice and see if that works and it did. YAY!I have 3 rooms to finish on the inside and wallpaper coming in the mail I hope will work. I planned to switch the bathroom to the 3rd floor as the furniture looks like it's swimming on the second. Which would mean the nursery would be off of the parlour. My mother is against this and feels the nursery should be joined with the master bedroom. Not sure which way I'll go. Any suggestions would be nice. The first photo is an overall look of the dollhouse outside so far (I was busy this morning, the second is a detailed look at the front and the third is my little helper.


I've been so un-motivated and discouraged with the Gloucester, staring at the front and feeling it was sooo plain, like a box. Finally after days and days of hunting pictures and web browsing it finally hit me how I wanted the front to look. So last night I popped on the Colin Firth Pride and Prejudice and got to work. I've installed the Quoins on either side, the facias on the top and began the brick/block on the bottom half of the wall and will have the top half a simple plain stucco with possible textured stenciling above the 6 top windows in place of pediments (we'll see about that though). It still has a lot of work but I wanted to post some progress since it's been so long since I've posted.