Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
That leads me to the next problem I made a calculation error when I ordered my wallpaper. I was so happy to see the selection from miniatures.com for 3 sheets of 6 different patterns for 9.99, they choose the patterns, that I grabbed up the peach/coral set. Can anyone guess the problem? It took me a day or two after I got my order to realize that I have a front opening dollhouse, thus I need 4 sheets of every pattern. Oooopps! Back to the drawing board. My husband suggested ordering another set like before and hope that some of them will match and if not I will have some for my next project. I jumped for joy at his accidentally suggesting I should buy some more for my stock. At least that is what I heard : ) Anyhoo. . . I will post more later when I have more done.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Here is my Irish one room cottage. The house is from a kit from Greenleaf but I bashed it to make it mine. The fireplace is my precious treasure from Braxton Payne, it makes the room. The floor was made from skinny sticks, and the cupboard is a bashed Michael's hutch. This house has special meaning for me. For my honeymoon my husband and I went to Ireland. I loved the scenery (it was soooo green!) and the cottages were perfect. When we came home I decided to make a one room cottage in memory of our honeymoon.
I used scrapbook paper to make the wallpaper and joint compound as stucco. That was a fun process, very messy, it was like playing with mud. The roof was made from coconut fibers, a much easier process than I was expecting. I am especially proud of that roof. It was my first try and I love how the roof ridge came out.
I'm making curtains for the windows, my door needs handles and an outside step, and I need to trim the base. I plan to make window boxes with flowers but that will be sometime later. Oh and if no one noticed my house would be very smokey I forgot about the chimney when I thatched the roof. I'll have to think on that for awhile to find a solution. That's it for now. See you all later. . .
Here is a shot of the inside. It's kind of hard to see but all of the doors have tiny door knobs made from no-hole beads and the staircase is very detailed. This kit was also extra easy to put together. I still need to frame the doors and windows but until then these pics. will have to do. All of the wallpaper came from web printies.