Thursday, August 13, 2009

A mini update. . .

Wow! It's been awhile since I've gotten a chance to post anything. Progress is slow on the Gloucester. I am happy to say that the front door is almost flat again. It's still a little warped but I am hoping the moisture that the brick compound I bought will straighten it the rest of the way.
Most of my time has been spent waiting for my supplies to arrive so that I can continue. I re-ordered another pack of wallpaper and I was so happy to see that the patterns were the same. But now I am looking at some of those patterns and I am still not completely happy with them. So back to the drawing board LOL. However, I did get some Bromely Craft Brick Compound and am very excited to see how it works. I want the whole exterior bricked with beige looking quions on the sides. I still have one more floor to lay which is another reason I've been taking a break, I'm tired of looking at skinny sticks. I think next time I will splurge and order wood veneer strips to do a floor. It seems expensive but much easier.
I haven't completely neglected minis. I bought a book on miniature wicker making and had to try it out. I am very pleased with the results. I decided to try a plant holder first as that seemed the easiest. Here is a picture of the finished plant. I had it sitting on a notepad holder at work and took the picture with my phone so it isn't the best but I will get a better one posted later. For a first attempt I don't think it came out too bad. I'm not sure it will fit in the decor of the Gloucester as I want it a more middle class Victorian style home but who knows. Well, that's all for now. Not much but hopefully I will have more soon. See you soon. . . .


  1. Your plant stand turned out awesome!

  2. very nice. hope when I start making stuff it comes out as nice. I am just starting to get the bug for this so we will see.