Thursday, June 18, 2009


Well, I've gone ahead and done it. I've created my own blog. I am hoping that this blog will keep me going on my miniatures so I will actually complete some. I am creating this as a record of my mini making, as a place that I can look back on my work and see how far I've come.

I am currently working on a Greenleaf front opening kit called the Gloucester. I consider this my second attempt at miniatures. My very first was a Beacon Hill and I was so inexperienced I gave the house away to someone who I hope will be able to fix/salvage it. I am told it wasn't that bad but the more experience I got the more glaring my mistakes became.

I had inspiration from for adding legs to the bottom of the Gloucester to make it seem more like a piece of furniture. Now I won't have to hunt for a table to put it on. I am working on the floors. Haven't found a way to make the floor boards besides skinny sticks, I really like the effect it just takes forever. Where I live access to supplies are very limited so I use what I can come by. The legs are attached to the baseboard and first floor. The first floor is floored , stained and just waiting for some varnish to be finished. Pictures will be coming soon.

See you all later. . .I'm off to take pictures to share.

1 comment:

  1. Kabrina,

    Your very talented - Very cool stuff! I'm glad I happened acrozss your blog.