Thursday, September 2, 2010

OOOOPPPSSS!

Well, I have some bad news and some good news. Bad news is I shorted out my electrical system. I was installing the last bit of tapewire on the top two rooms. When I went to test them my hand slipped and ALL the lights went out in the dollhouse. I shut the power off, undid the connection and turned it back on praying it would work, but it didn't. I don't know what part I broke. I tested the lead in wire and that's fine but as soon as I plug it in to my junction splice the tapewire that comes immediately from that doesn't work. I have my fingers crossed that somehow I only messed up my junction splice. So now I have to place an order for that which leads to the good news. . .

Since I really "need" the junction splice I figured I couldn't buy something that has shipping higher than the cost of the item, sooooo that means I need to add to my order :) and it couldn't happen at a better time. Miniatures.com is having a 20% off Labor Day sale and I am going to get all the structual pieces to transform the Puzzle House into my dream Christmas Cottage. I have picked out the windows and door. Thanks to Emily Morganti's blog http://www.emilymorganti.com/blog/?tag=michaels-puzzle-house I was able to order the windows and I know that they will work. I chose a different front door though. I had thought about putting in ceiling lights but with how my luck was going I think I will just use round wire and plugs so I can have Christmas lights on the porch and a lighted Christmas tree. I'm playing with the idea of making a older tv with a still picture from a Christmas Cartoon and lighting it from the inside with a tiny light to make it appear as if it works. If anyone knows of an existing 1/2scale mini tv like I described for sale I'd love to check it out. I remember when I was little watching Charlie Brown's Christmas, Frosty the Snowman and all the classic cartoons while my mom baked goodies and the tree was lit. Nothing says Christmas more than that to me. I hope to incorporate all these memories into this little house. And with fall coming on and winter right around the corner I am getting more and more anxious to begin.

I did get more done on my Gloucester even after I blew the electrical. I got the front door painted and hung as well as painted the right side so it is ready for bricking. All the trim to finish the bathroom and kitchen have been cut and is ready to be painted and installed. Once that's done all that remains to complete is the top two rooms and the rest of the lights. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment