Monday, August 25, 2014

Cross stitching

I have been working on my cross stitch project and trying to be good about finishing it before Christmas. However, lately I have been needing something for myself alone so I dug through my stash and found a Mar/Apr 1989 cross stitch magazine that had patterns for a set of the 12 days of Chtistmas ornaments. I have always loved this Christmas carol in ornament form and decided it is about time I started them. Here is the first day of the partridge in a pear tree, only half way done due to a misread symbol. The first try had the partridge looking like it had chicken pox. 
If it hadn't been for that incorrect color used originally this little guy would be almost finished. I am doing them on 14ct aida, mainly because I have a lot of that and want to use it up. There are supposed to be little hearts on either side of the main design. I am contemplating skipping those. I'm not sure I really like them. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment