Friday, March 5, 2010

CLEANING CLEANING... JUST A LITTLE MINI-ING

Well, It's been awhile since I've posted any work on the Gloucester but I have been busy trying to clean and get the nursery and Aidan's room ready. Only two months left, and I am panicking, so much to do so little time. I couldn't quite stop mini-ing though so I started going through my smaller kits. I figured at least this way I wouldn't take up too much room building while I'm trying to keep things clean and it would be easier to work on if I can fit a house in the palm of my hand. I found a NESM Queen Anne dollhouse in 1/144th scale that I had started at one time but stopped when I realized I was missing part of the foundation. The company was really nice and sent me a replacement part. By the time I got it my attention must have wandered because the poor house sat in a draw barely started and forgotten. I pulled it out, thinking I would be good and finally finish something I started, guess I really should have paid attention to the first missing piece more. I had the whole house papered, floors stained and the house built all the way to the tower roof. .. .then trouble started. .. I was also missing the roof parts to the tower. So once again the little house is sitting unfinished while I wait for my pieces to arrive. However, I promised myself as soon as it does I WILL finish it this time. All that needs done is the tower roof pieces, paint the roof all the same color and landscaping. I like the color it comes with so I'm thinking of blending fine sand in with Charcoal Grey paint and texturing the roof pieces with that. I will post pictures of this house as soon as my pieces arrive. It will be a nice feeling to have something completed to display.

This scale is really growing on me. I have quiet a few kits hidden away for days when I really need something that I can finish relatively quickly. I have been stocking up the past couple years whenever I find 40% or 50% off coupons from http://miniatures.com. . .Just received the 50% off coupon last weekend and I used it on the 1/144th Beacon Hill and my mom received the same coupon through email and bought the 1/144th Victorian Mansion for me (April 1st there is a coupon for 40% off and I already found another kit to use it on). I found wonderful inspiration from Lori over on http://ohminiofmine-loshcosh.blogspot.com. Her work is just beautiful and really got me in the mood again for these tiny creations, check it out if you haven't already. . .

1 comment:

  1. With Cadillacs Roofing, you are guaranteed to get high quality products that will last with your new roof system. Cadillacs Roofing takes into account the many different variables that will help you have a longer lasting new roofing system when being inspected. With almost every roof being different, we analyze problem areas and come up with solutions meant to last.

    One of the most important contributing factors to a long last energy efficient roof is ventilation. Cadillacs Roofing will install the appropriate ventilation in order to help you save money on your bills. With the right amount of insulation, and intake and exhaust venting on your roof you will feel the difference in your home after Cadillacs Roofing installs a new roof system.

    At Cadillacs Roofing, we install one of the best shingles on the Canadian market. These shingles will not only protect your roof but make it stand out with the beautiful colour choices available. The roofing system installed by Cadillacs Roofing will raise the value of your home when a complete roofing system is installed.


    flat roof repair toronto


    Address: 37 Bankfield drive, Etobicoke Ontario, m9v2p7

    Phone: (647) 877-3144

    business email: info@cadillacsroofing.com

    ReplyDelete