Monday, June 21, 2010
1st Attempt at Re-upholstering Mini Furniture
Well I am still trying to find a solution for attaching the roof to my Gloucester. The gap around the edges is so large in some places I think my best option will be applying a type of caulk thickly around the walls then pressing the roof into it and wiping away the excess.
In the meantime I decided to try something new. I bought a set of living room furniture awhile back, before I had even bought the Gloucester. It was an inexpensive 5-pc set that inlcuded two armchairs, a sofa, a coffee table and an end table. When it came in the mail I was extremely dissappointed in the fabric color and the upholstery job, it seemed to make the woodwork look clunkier than it really is. So yesterday I pulled the set out and made my first attempt at re-upholstering. It was much easier than I thought it would be and I love the results. The chair on the right is the original and the left chair is my work. I have to finish the 2nd chair and the sofa but after seeing the finished result of the first chair I can hardly wait to see the whole set in the dollhouse.