Friday, December 7, 2012

Stockings galore!

I just found two stocking kits from 1998 and 1999 cheap on EBay! I'm stoked! They are super cute. Normally I don't like the older Bucilla designs but these two were too cute to pass up. I did some research and found out that these were designed by Maria Stanziani who does the current designs I have become addicted too. Go figure. I haven't had a moment to spare for minis because I have been sewing like mad and am enjoying every minute. I have finished my aunt and Uncle's stockings, they were so much harder to do because they had requested hem be 3 inches longer. So I added a 3 inch cuff and sewed a semi removable lining so the stress when filled wouldn't be put on the seam. Then I had to wait for my felt order to arrive for the backs. Bucilla's patterns are adorable but I don't think they are designed to actually be used. I cut new backs to give more room. They look great. I have one finishing touch to add to my uncles and I can mail them out, hopefully tomorrow. Once they recieve them i'll post pictures of them.
My niece's stocking is close to half done. After that I have 2 more I need to finish by Christmas. I've been working late each night so my sew time has really been crimped. I better get cracking though. Not that long till Christmas Eve. I am looking forward to when those are done so I can work on one I want to rather then the one I have to. Too much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment