Friday, November 16, 2012

Bathroom furniture and a kitchen hutch

Well I have completed the bathroom furniture of the Pickett hill and started the kitchen. I have the pie cupboard done except the counter and the sink finished minus the knobs and the stove begun. I am waiting for the whole kitchen to be assembled so I can do all the counter tops at once.
Tonight I started my 1/2 scale Colonial Christmas house. I cut the opening for the second floor stair case, stained and glossed the floors and painted the exterior walls. I believe this will become another house I will be emotionally attached to. My dad chose the stain color and my daughter "helped" me paint the walls. I'm happy with the progress. Tomorrow I am hoping to route the grooves for the wires and drill the two holes in the front of the house for the coach lights. I will also start the window painting.
My nieces stocking is shaping up well. I finished the top cuff and have the cuff trim sewn in place. These stockings work up quickly. I placed an order for more felt for new backs and liners and am anxiously waiting for them to arrive. Sorry about the crooked bathroom picture I'll have better pictures soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kabrine,
    I can't wait to see more. The bathroom is great and the kitchen is looking so inviting and beautiful. Your work is very realistic.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete