Thursday, January 31, 2013

A popcorn ceiling...

At least that is what I am hoping it looks like. Tonight, to celebrate the completion of W2's and end of year taxes for work I textured the bottom floor ceiling and installed the first and second floors lights. I am happy with the way it came out. My parents ceilings look like this except they have, what I assume is, a light dusting of glitter. When I was little I thought it was fairy dust and when I was a little older I'd pretend they were stars. I wanted to have the same style in this house. Plus, using this technique really helps to disguise the lines for the wires and grooves. Now I wait for the joint compound to dry and I can paint it. I think I will omit the glitter though. In this scale I think it would be distracting.

6 comments:

  1. it does look like a popcorn ceiling! we had one too I think everyone grew up with that type of ceiling

    it wasn't until I moved out that I found older homes didn't have such things

    yours is wonderful!

    Love
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kabrina,
    It look wonderful. Very realistic effect! I think the glitter might look a little our of scale on a miniature popcorn ceiling. It might be worth a little test on a spare piece.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! you achieved the look wonderfully ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the story of the house was that it was built in the early 1900's during the colonial revival, and as each generation passes they've expanded, upgraded and re-done things, such as the ceilings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popcorn ceilings! There's a trip down Memory Lane. I bet if you used a fine, white glitter sparingly it would work AND look extra-glam!

    ReplyDelete