Saturday, January 28, 2017

Living Room

The first room I worked on was the living room. As you walk in you'll find a very cozy family room. The picture on the wall was made from a present tag my brother attached to his gift to my daughter a few years ago. I thought it was perfect for a painting. The backgammon game was a kit I put together for my brother who taught me to play. The Christmas tree I made from scratch and I am not totally happy with it but it'll do for now. Presents are piling up with so many people celebrating together. The baby walker is for my children when they were babies they had one very similar. There's a Loto ticket on top of the tv for my dad who likes to play the quick pick. The massive tv is a nod to my childhood and we have pictures of my brothers laying on the floor watching it.. There will be a scene of Charlie's Brown Christmas on it eventually as my brothers used to watch it each year. In the corner is White Christmas album. There are many reasons for this besides that I love albums. 1) Bing Crosby is one of my favorite singers. 2) After I discovered him for myself I found out later that my grandmother,  who had by then passed on and I hadn't gotten to know well, was enameled with him. So much so she nicknamed my uncle Bing.  Always felt that gave me a connection to her I didn't have before 3) The first time I watched the movie I was spending a month one summer with my brother and sister in law. She had me watch it while we painted ceramics and it is one of my favorite memories. The sewing/crochet chair is for my mom who loved to crochet as I was growing up and the sewing for myself. We crocheted many blankets together. Of course there is a glass of lemonade at the ready as anyone who knows me knows I am addicted to Koolaid Lemonade. I will be making pillows for the glider rocker. My mom has always loved having one. There are still many tiny details I want to add to this room such as an area rug, more yarn in the basket, a project in progress in the craft chair, and wall shelves for Christmas statues and decorations. That completes the tour of the living room for now, on to the dining room.

1 comment:

  1. It's all lovely, but that baby walker is an amazing mini! :D Very cozy room. :]

    ReplyDelete