Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ouch!

Have been really busy lately and haven't had much time to work on minis. My nieces birthday party was this weekend so packed up the kids and headed over. They live 2 hours from us so it's quite an adventure to get there with a 3 year old and 1 year old, especially when the 1 year old seems to get car sick.
As for the title of this blog, yesterday I went to the dentist and had my very first filling done. Let me tell you if at all possible it will be my last. My mouth is stil throbbing. A half hour procedure took them 2 hours. I don't know what was wrong but when they tried to numb my upper left side it numbed the lower left front and half of my tongue. Needless to say when they started drilling it wasn't pleasent. The dentist seemed a bit cranky that he had to stop and try to numb it again. The second time he got part of my upper left side and down my neck. He started drilling and apparently the nerve he was working around wasn't numb as I was getting shooting pain across to my front teeth. Felt like crying. Took some medicine when I got home in the hopes that it would help but my mouth feels like it was beaten up on one side and my ear aches. To top it off I'm a little worried they did the wrong side. At my cleaning when they found the cavity I could swear the person who does the cleaning thought the problem was with my left back tooth. When the dentist came in he said oh no that one's nothing to worry about it's this right back tooth we'll have to get in asap so it doesn't start to hurt. When I sat in the chair and he proceed to go for my left side I questioned him. He said he was double checking but that no it really was the left. Wish I could trust him but I just have this nagging feeling and if in 6 months I go for a cleaning and they say my right back tooth is bad I'm going to be one angry patient. Doesn't seem right that you can walk into the dentist without a single pain and by the time you leave you feel you've been tortured.
On the bright side when I got home and crashed, I woke to find a new kit of the month furniture kit for my Lydia Pickett dollhouse came in and 3 back issues of Miniature Collector I'd ordered had arrived. I've really been compiling ideas for my Orchid dollhouse kit. I'm pretty positive this will be my next project. I'm planning a bash of sorts and will be trying to make my own space saving stairs. I have some wonderful inspiration from the Greenleaf forum and the 3 magazines I just received. I'm going for a shabby chic retreat cottage. I ordered the bashing material awhile ago and have picked up a book of pastel textured cardstock. $5.00 and I got all of the wallpaper I need. Since I will want this house electrified but don't have the money for all the lights I will need I will be installing the wallpaper and flooring so it will be removeable. This way I can complete the house and then add the lights as I get them. We'll see how well this goes. I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment