Tuesday, January 12, 2010


And we have light! Woohoo! I had a heck of a time getting this light to work. I was trying to use the adapter so I could plug straight into my tapewire. Mistake number one, I tried it out on the chandelier that I really liked and wanted for the dining room. Not a good idea as I've never worked with electrical, either real life or miniature. I couldn't get the wires stripped properly, everytime I tried the wires just fell apart. I have a sinking feeling I've ruined that fixture. If you click the photo to the left you can see it sitting in the shadowss SOOOO. .. I moved on to the other light fixture I had set aside for the living room. Originally my plan was to use this fixture in all the rooms, so I guess it's not too bad. I will order another chandelier later and replace this one with that but untill then I have light. : ) It's a great feeling of accomplishment. I wasn't sure I'd be able to do it at all and now that I've got it up I'm thrilled.
One room down 5 more to go! I'm looking forward to it. The round piece on the floor will actually be my table top. I was just seeing how the size looked.


  1. The small wires coming off the light fixture are usually easy to strip using your fingernails.

    Another method that requires a very delicate touch is to gently roll the wire against a sharp knife. It is tricky not to cut into the wire, all you want to do is score the plastic, not cut through it. After making the light scoring use your finger nails to pull off the plastic coating.

  2. Thanks for the tip! I'll definitly do that on my next lights. :) Now I just have to remember to let my nails grow past the quick. lol