Friday, August 19, 2011

Decisions, decisions...

Last night an order was placed for the corner moulding I need for a roof cap of the Christmas house and it will be 100% complete. I had planned to keep it for myself, even vehemently defended it against selling to my husband...and then I calmed down and realized I really want to work on my 1/2 scale Colonial dollhouse for myself. Soooo the Christams house will be going up on Etsy as soon as my order arrives. For the past 3 days I have doodling plans for changes I want to make to my Colonial. I want to add a kitchen and upper bathroom addition to the left side, a porch to the front (possibly around to the right side) and may or may not add dormer windows to the roof. I've contacted RGT for the cost of additional parts I will be needing and just have to make a decision about the porch before I can place that order. Here are my very very rough sketches. I cut and pasted multiple pictures together till I got the different options I'm debating with. I have scratched the idea of having the porch all the way around the front and both sides. I'm still debating on whether I want it on the front and right side and also I'm up in the air about the dormers. I wish I could try them out without having to pay for them LOL. Also the two lights you see on the front I've decided only one on the front and then one on the side of the addition next to the side screen door. With the dormers, on one hand the look without is simple and understated but with them it looks more like a farmhouse and would allow more light into the attic rooms. Please leave a comment with any suggestions you may have.



2 comments:

  1. I like how you got your visuals!

    What about only 2 dormer windows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good thought! Plus one less dormer means less money spent...hmmm. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete