Thursday, August 25, 2011


Mood lighting for the dining room. Last night I got tired of seeing a mess in the Gloucester so I got to work. I put a movie on from TCM and cleared out all of the rooms and then proceeded to measure and cut all of the remaining trim for the upper rooms. After they were ready to be painted and installed I let myself add the furniture and accessories I've been slowly buying for this house. I made the sideboard today from a kit.

Here's a picture with the flash so you can really see the detail. The punch bowl is a set from Chrysnbon and the teaset on the dining table was a Christmas present from my husband.
This is the bedroom set I purchased. It is a Melissa and Doug set, very sturdy and I'm pretty sure it's for children but I really love the detail and once I dress the bed and add the accessories you won't be able to tell.

Aaahhhh the parlour...minus the fireplace. I decided to buy the one I found from DollsHouse Emporium and am waiting impatiently for it to arrive. It will be perfect in this room. The gramaphone in the corner is a pencil sharpner. I will be detailing it so it looks more realistic, just had to see if it would fit...Now I'm wondering where in the world the Christmas tree will go this year ; ) Guessing the kitty and birdcage will have to be re-located. I'm really getting into this now. Even started staining the shingles but since I'm using a stain pen it didn't go very far. I'll have to buy a small can and refill my pen. Then onto shingling the back roof and finishing the chimneys. Once they are all stained I'm going to go back over them with washes of black and greys to fill in the little cracks I can't reach with the pen and give it a weathered look. I've been looking at weathervanes, I've always wanted one but I'm not really sure if I can add one to this house without it looking strange. Guess it is my house and I can do what I like right? LOL Also had the idea of adding a one inch edge around the sides and attached to the front door so that I can have a teeny bit of landscaping and maybe topiaries flanking the door... I'll have to do a test run first and see if it looks ok first.

1 comment: